We are finally entering that time of year of all things pumpkin! You might be thinking it’s appropriate to start your morning with a Pumpkin Spice Latte, but how about a gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free Pumpkin Muffin instead? Muffins for breakfast (that are also healthy) are a yes from me! Plus, each muffin will have a serving of collagen, which is a great way to begin each morning!
You can meal prep these the night before because they’re super easy and quick to make (spoiler: They take just one bowl to whip up!). Trust us when we say they will have you jumping out of your bed in the morning excited to indulge in a filling breakfast!
Ready to grab your favorite muffin pan and get baking? Scroll below!
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Yields 10-14 muffins
1 C pumpkin puree
- ¼ C melted coconut oil
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ C coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ C oat flour
- 1 ¼ C rolled oats
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground cloves
- ½ t ground nutmeg
- ¼ t salt
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, eggs, coconut milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, collagen, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin pan. Fill all the way to the top. The batter is thick and won’t spill over while baking. Sprinkle oats onto muffin tops.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in a muffin pan for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer onto a cooling rack to finish cooling for another 40 minutes or until completely cool before storing. Enjoy!