These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Are The Only Thing We Want For Breakfast This Season
We are finally entering that time of year of all things pumpkin! You might be thinking it’s appropriate to start your morning with a Pumpkin Spice Latte, but how about a gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free Pumpkin Muffin instead? Muffins for breakfast (that are also healthy) are a yes from me! Plus, each muffin will have a serving of collagen, which is a great way to begin each morning!
You can meal prep these the night before because they’re super easy and quick to make (spoiler: They take just one bowl to whip up!). Trust us when we say they will have you jumping out of your bed in the morning excited to indulge in a filling breakfast!
Ready to grab your favorite muffin pan and get baking? Scroll below!
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Yields 10-14 muffins
1 C pumpkin puree
- ¼ C melted coconut oil
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ C coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ C oat flour
- 1 ¼ C rolled oats
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground cloves
- ½ t ground nutmeg
- ¼ t salt
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, eggs, coconut milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, collagen, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin pan. Fill all the way to the top. The batter is thick and won’t spill over while baking. Sprinkle oats onto muffin tops.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in a muffin pan for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer onto a cooling rack to finish cooling for another 40 minutes or until completely cool before storing. Enjoy!
Shop The Recipe