Slow mornings on a crisp fall day always call for waffles. Specifically, Sweet Potato Waffles. While everyone is quick to add pumpkin to each one of their go-to recipes this season, we decided to do something different and incorporate sweet potato in fall-favorite meals and desserts. What better way to include sweet potato than by making it one of the star ingredients in your fall breakfast? Crispy edges, a soft interior and pockets for syrup make this an ideal breakfast or brunch meal if “peak fall” is your current vibe.
The warm fall flavor comes through with every bite, while still being low-carb and protein-packed. The creamy glaze that blankets the final product is loaded with healthy fats, making them the perfect breakfast to whip up for a nutritious start to the day.
This seasonal recipe also calls for two scoops of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides, which is flavorless, odorless and easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids. As a reminder, our Collagen Peptides help to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints**. What’s better than that?
Sweet Potato Waffles
Yields 4 Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 C oat flour (or sub almond or regular all-purpose flour)
- 2 T ground flaxseed
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 1 C sweet potato puree
- 1 egg
- ¼ C maple syrup
- ½ C coconut milk
- ½ C coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Mix together flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, Collagen Peptides and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sweet potato puree, egg, maple syrup, and coconut milk.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients with dry, stirring so they are no clumps.
- Heat a waffle maker and pour the desired amount of batter in. Cook on medium-high and set aside each waffle to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Drizzle over the waffles, add crushed pecans (and whatever other toppings you’d like) and serve!