Looking for a recipe that will be a complete hit at your next celebration? These Rainbow Cupcakes will certainly do the trick!
Not only are these sweet treats nice to look at (hello, rainbow sprinkles!), but they are also filled with better-for-you ingredients like oat flour, coconut oil and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. We love adding this standout to recipes because our Collagen Peptides are odorless, flavorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids, making them a truly versatile ingredient.
Topping off this sweet, moist cupcake is a simple homemade “frosting” that calls for only two ingredients. The marshmallow whip is made with ghee (or butter) and marshmallows of your choice!
Let’s get started.
Yields 12 Rainbow Cupcakes
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ C nut milk
- 1 T vanilla
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 2 T ghee (or butter)
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 1¼ C oat flour
- 1½ t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C sprinkles
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 3 T ghee (or butter)
- ½ C sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients for the cupcakes in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients for the cupcakes to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into lined cupcake molds.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes are cool (20-30 minutes later), melt the ghee in a medium sized pot.
- Add the marshmallows, continuously stirring until smooth.
- Once marshmallows have melted, remove from heat and immediately scoop the mixture onto each cupcake. Tip: Use two spoons, one to scoop the mixture and the other to push it into the cupcake.
- Once the marshmallow topping is on the cupcake, dip it into the sprinkles and set aside.
- Repeat for all 12 cupcakes.