The leaves are changing, the air is feeling fresher than ever and pumpkin-spiced-everything is officially everywhere. All this confirms that squash season is here, so it’s time to try out our favorite fall squash recipes.
Here’s why we love squash: Not only is it delicious but it can also be added to savory and sweet recipes. Specifically, this Butternut Squash Pasta offers the ultimate fall feels, which is only amplified with its accompanying sauce that’s equal parts creamy and decadent. This sauce is made up of pureed garlic, chopped onion, steamed butternut squash and coconut cream. Topped with parsley and Parmesan cheese, our Butternut Squash Pasta recipe delivers a delicious arrangement of flavors that’s perfect for the season.
Oh, and did we mention it also features Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides? Yes, this Butternut Squash Pasta recipe is technically a collagen recipe. We love using Collagen Peptides in many of our recipes since it’s such a versatile product. The little blue tub you may have recognized on Instagram is a total standout since our collagen powder is odorless, flavorless and easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids. It also helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints**. Hello, powerhouse!
Add the recommended two scoops and get ready for a fall dinner to remember!
Butternut Squash Pasta
Yields 5-6 Butternut Squash Pasta servings
- 3-4 C butternut squash, peeled, cubed and seeds removed
- 1 C white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ C chicken broth
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 T fresh parsley, minced
- ½ C parmesan cheese
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb. dry fettuccine noodles
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, add half of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add in the cubed butternut squash, onions, and minced garlic. Reduce heat and a lid on top to steam the butternut squash.
- Once the butternut squash is soft, add in the chicken broth, Collagen Peptides, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then let cool off for 5 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to a food processor or blender and add the coconut milk. If using a blender, you may want to add in a small amount at a time, so it does not leak over.
- Once sauce is blended, heat up a skillet with the remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- When the sauce begins to have a gentle boil, add in the pasta noodles of your choice. Mix together with the sauce and cook for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
- Once the noodles are cooked and loaded with sauce, top with fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper.