Is your summer on fire? Well get ready, because your next dessert is about to be, too!
This simple treat is so good, you’ll be begging for s’more! All you need are 3 ingredients, one of which you can make at home. Aside from campfire staples like graham crackers and chocolate, the last ingredient – marshmallows! – can be whipped up using Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin. Your custom creations will not only have the same texture as your favorite store-bought options, but they’ll also be better for you. Why? Since they’re made with Beef Gelatin, which helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints, these marshmallows are a delicious way to keep your wellness goals in check.**
Ready to take a bite? Keep reading for the full collagen recipe. And don’t forget to share your culinary creation on Instagram using #stayvital.
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 C water
- 1 C honey
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 2 chocolate bars
- 1 box graham crackers
- Heat 1/2 cup of the water until hot.
- Add to a mixing bowl with the gelatin and stir until all gelatin dissolves.
- Set the bowl of gelatin aside.
- Heat the other 1/2 cup of water on the stovetop with the honey or sugar of your choice until it bubbles (approximately 5 minutes).
- Bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes, continuously stirring.
- Pour the hot mixture into the bowl of gelatin and stir briefly until combined.
- Using a mixer (standing or hand held), whip the mixture for 15-20 minutes straight.
- Once complete, your whipped mixture should be thick and hold a fluff-like consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a flat pan or Tupperware, lined with a (coconut oil) greased piece of parchment paper.
- Let the mixture sit overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove marshmallow mix from the container.
- Option to dust with collagen, cinnamon, cocoa or any powder of your choice.
- Cut into cubes and store in the refrigerator.
- Break graham crackers in half.
- Place chocolate on one half.
- If making indoors, toast the cracker and chocolate in a toaster for 30-60 seconds; If making outdoors, toast marshmallow over the fire.
- Place the marshmallow in between the graham crackers and enjoy!