'Tis the season for a fun summer-friendly treat! We're whipping up this kombucha-infused jello recipe to combat the blistering heat. Plus, anything-jello is guaranteed to make you smile real big. Don't believe us? See if you can stop yourself from giggling next time you jiggle your final product.
This delicious jello recipe comes together easily and can be firmed up using Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin, which acts as a binding agent to thicken liquids and foods. Our Beef Gelatin is soluble in hot liquids but solidifies when mixed in with cold liquids. Its properties aren't the only thing to be impressed by; our Beef Gelatin also delivers plenty of benefits, like helping to support healthier hair, skin, nails and joints.
Serve this Kombucha Jello in a large bundt pan for an impressive presentation or cut into small cubes for easy access. Either way, you'll be happy with how tasty and light it is.
Choose your favorite fruits with a complementary flavor of kombucha and change it up the next time you make it for an entirely new take on the recipe.
Yield 4 servings of Kombucha Jello
- 1/2 C cold water
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin or powdered agar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 4 C flavored kombucha
- 1/4 C chopped fruit, in bite-size piece (optional)
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Pour the cold water into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin over the water and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Gelatin can be tricky to work with at first as it has a tendency to clump. Breaking up the powder as best you can while sprinkling it over the water will help to reduce clumping.
- Stir gently with a fork so that clumps are broken up immediately.
- Add the sugar to the saucepan. Stir gently over low heat until the water is slightly warmed and both the sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the kombucha.
- Pour into a gelatin mold, ramekins, or an 8-inch square pan.
- Add the fruit (optional). Place in the refrigerator and let chill for 2 to 4 hours, until set. Cover the gelatin once it has cooled.
- Cut into finger sized squares or cubes and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or layer with whipped cream to make a gelatin parfait.
Adapted from The Big Book of Kombucha. (c) Hannah Crum & Alex LaGory. Used with permission of Storey Publishing.