Put on your witch hats, folks, and let's get baking! Baking is full of magic and spells. We use magic everyday by casting love and and joy into our cooking — and these sweet treats are no exception to this!
The delicious grain and gluten free cookie recipe below is made from lots of chilling ingredients, with one special potion included — collagen! In addition to this added boost, the cookies are simple, soft and delicious. They require simple whole ingredients and can be shaped and decorated into anything you desire (aka everything you could want for your spooky celebration!).
Whether you're making a plate for friends, or planning a haunted evening in for yourself, get out your book of spells and make sure to add this recipe to it!
Halloween Witch Hat Cookies
Yields 20-30 Cookies
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1/3 C raw honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 C almond flour (sifted)
- 1/3 C coconut flour (sifted)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 C arrowroot powder (for rolling)
Note: Icing & Sprinkles can be homemade or bought from the store. Witch hat cookie cutter purchased online.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, Collagen Peptides, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together the raw honey and coconut oil. You may use a hand mixer to allow it too smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix together with the creamed honey and coconut oil.
- Once combined, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until cookie dough forms.
- Form a ball and let it chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the dough with arrowroot powder and roll the dough between two parchment papers. Roll it flat into a thin sheet and sprinkle more arrowroot powder on top.
- Cut the cookie dough into witch hats and add them to the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 5-6 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let them cool on cooling rack, decorate with icing and enjoy!