Even though the weather is still warm, fall is definitely in the air. Which means pumpkin spice season is here! And while a PSL screams spooky season, we're here to give you a boost of protein in your pumpkin drink.
Made with Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein ($29.99; shop now) to support improved recovery and stimulate muscle protein synthesis**, and sweetened with a banana (or the option to add a little maple syrup), this protein-packed, lactose-free shake is a nutritious way to start out your day, with a hint of fall included.
By combining pure pumpkin purée with creamy almond milk and rich spices and you'll feel like you're drinking a pumpkin pie! Here's what you need for this fall-inspired protein shake.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake
Yields 2 servings
- 1 C pure pumpkin purée
- ½ C almond milk or light coconut milk
- 1 banana, chopped & frozen
- 1–2 T maple syrup (optional)
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 2–4 scoops Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth! (Vital tip: For an extra thick version, add 1 C of ice cubes.)