Homemade Applesauce was always one of my favorite snacks to enjoy at school. I'd usually top it off with cashews or coconut flakes for added texture. Nothing quite compares when it comes to easy back-to-school recipes — especially when it’s made fresh at home with minimal, better-for-you ingredients.
This collagen-infused Homemade Applesauce is best when made in large batches and doubles as a seasonal staple in your meal prep routine. (Can we make #AppleSauceSundays a thing?) Here's a tip to keep in your back pocket (or, um, apron): Add leftover Applesauce to cake batter and cookie dough for a soft, sweet center. No waste here!
In addition to apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil, this fall recipe calls for a little something extra in the form of Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen ($35; shop now). Why add collagen? The standout protein helps to support healthy hair skin, nails and joints!** Plus, this marine-sourced collagen powder easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids and foods. It really is so easy to use! Ready to get into the autumn spirit? Here's how to whip up a batch of this amazing fall collagen recipe!
Homemade Applesauce Recipe
Yields 6 servings
- 5-6 apples (cored, peeled & cubed)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen
- Begin by peeling, coring and cubing the apples.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon to a pot and add in the apples.
- Add the Marine Collagen peptides and mix all ingredients together.
- Cook on medium heat on the stove for about 10-15 minutes.
- When apples are soft, add them to a food processor and blend.
- Once the ingredients are blended into an applesauce texture, scoop into a bowl and enjoy hot or let it cool off and enjoy later!