Summertime calls for all the cool-me-down treats and what's better than being able to eat your ice cream and the bowl? These protein-filled Ice Cream Cookie Bowls give you all the joy of a cookie, in a bowl shape to fill with your favorite ice cream flavor this summer. And, you don't have to worry about melting ice cream — it'll just add to the cookie's flavor.
But that's not even the best part. The recipe uses an oat flour base, monk fruit as a sweetener and Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein ($29.99; shop now on vitalproteins.com) for a flavorful boost to your daily protein intake. Oh, and did we mention the entire recipe is free of gluten and dairy? Yep, it's that good!
Simply grab your classic cupcake pan, flip it upside down and you have a cookie bowl pan! Ready to create your protein-packed summer treat? Let's get started!
Ice Cream Cookie Bowls
Yields 6 Cookie Bowls
- ½ C dairy-free butter
- ½ C granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1½ C oat flour
- 1 scoop Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ¼ C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a handheld mixer, combine the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) into the bowl.
- Carefully combine the ingredients with a spatula. Then, knead the dough with your hands.
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and knead again until the dough forms a sphere.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes and separate into 6 pieces once removed.
- Spray the back of your cupcake pan with the cooking oil of your choice.
- Carefully mold each piece of dough into a flat circle. Then use your hands to mold the dough around an individual cupcake mold.
- Repeat 6 times until the dough is gone or 3 times if your pan is meant for 6 cupcakes. (Note: Each cookie will expand in the oven, requiring room between each. If your pan is small, we recommend baking these in batches of 3.)
- Bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes, then allow to cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing each bowl from the pan.
- Fill each bowl with your favorite ice cream and sundae toppings & enjoy!