Looking for a new summer dessert that will be a complete crowd-pleaser? These Neapolitan Cookie Sandwiches are bound to be a hit for vanilla, chocolate and strawberry lovers alike!
The sweet sandwiches feature perfectly soft vanilla and chocolate cookies with a deliciously whipped strawberry filling! The cookie layers also include coconut oil for healthy fats, granulated monk fruit for sweetener and, of course, some of our collagen for that perfect flavor. The vanilla cookies feature Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla to kick things up a notch.
Then, to finish it off, the recipe simply calls for your favorite frozen whipped cream and freeze-dried strawberries. Yum! Ready to make it yours? Let’s dive in below!
Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Yields 5 Sandwiches
- 2 eggs
- 6 T granulated monk fruit (optional: 1 t for topping)
- 2 t room temperature coconut oil
- 1½ t vanilla
- 1 C oat flour
- ½ t baking powder
- Dash of salt
Additional Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 T cacao
Additional Vanilla Cookie Ingredients:
1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- 1 C frozen whipped cream
- 1 C freeze-dried strawberries (ground up)
- In two separate bowls, whisk 1 egg with 3 T of granulated monk fruit, 1 t of room temperature coconut oil and ¾ t of vanilla.
- Once mixed, add ½ C of oat flour, ¼ t of baking powder, a dash of salt in each bowl. Before mixing, add the cacao in one bowl and the Vanilla Collagen Creamer in another bowl.
- Once smooth, scoop each batter into 5 circles on a greased cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. Option to sprinkle 1 t of granulated monk fruit sweetener on top of all cookies.
- Bake both sheets for 10 minutes at 350°F and then let the cookies cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cookies cool, mix the ground freeze-dried strawberries with the frozen whipped cream until well combined. (Tip: If not already ground, simply place the freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor for a few seconds until it turns into a thin powder.)
- Once ready to eat, simply scoop a heaping T of the filling in between one vanilla and one chocolate cookie and enjoy!
*For best results, store the cookies at room temperature and the filling in the freezer until ready to enjoy.