Looking for a new summer dessert that will be a complete crowd-pleaser? These Neapolitan Cookie Sandwiches are bound to be a hit for vanilla, chocolate and strawberry lovers alike!
The sweet sandwiches feature perfectly soft vanilla and chocolate cookies with a deliciously whipped strawberry filling! The cookie layers also include coconut oil for healthy fats, granulated monk fruit for sweetener and, of course, some of our Vital Performance™ Protein ($29.99; shop now) for added protein and collagen. Depending on your favorite protein powder flavor, you can choose how to flavor these cookies — or use all three! For the vanilla cookies, use Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein and add Vital Performance™ Chocolate Protein to the chocolate cookies to kick things up a notch.
Then, to finish it off, the recipe simply calls for your favorite frozen whipped cream and freeze-dried strawberries with the option to add Vital Performance™ Strawberry Protein. Yum! Ready to make it yours? Let's dive in below!
Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Yields 5 Sandwiches
- 2 eggs
- 6 T granulated monk fruit (optional: 1 t for topping)
- 2 t room temperature coconut oil
- 1½ t vanilla
- 1 C oat flour
- ½ t baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 T cacao
- 1 scoop Vital Performance™ Chocolate Protein
Additional Vanilla Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 C frozen whipped cream
- 1 C freeze-dried strawberries (ground up)
- 1 scoop Vital Performance™ Strawberry Protein
- In two separate bowls, whisk 1 egg with 3 T of granulated monk fruit, 1 t of room temperature coconut oil and ¾ t of vanilla.
- Once mixed, add ½ C of oat flour, ¼ t of baking powder, a dash of salt in each bowl. Before mixing, add the cacao or Chocolate Protein Powder in one bowl and the Vanilla Protein Powder in another bowl.
- Once smooth, scoop each batter into 5 circles on a greased cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. Option to sprinkle 1 t of granulated monk fruit sweetener on top of all cookies.
- Bake both sheets for 10 minutes at 350°F and then let the cookies cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cookies cool, mix the ground freeze-dried strawberries and Strawberry Protein Powder with the frozen whipped cream until well combined. (Tip: If not already ground, simply place the freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor for a few seconds until it turns into a thin powder.)
- Once ready to eat, simply scoop a heaping T of the filling in between one vanilla and one chocolate cookie and enjoy!
*For best results, store the cookies at room temperature and the filling in the freezer until ready to enjoy.