Looking to try something new for dessert? This Banana Nice Cream is well known for its mysterious flavor and bright color. As for what it tastes like, the most popular flavor consensus has been Fruit Loops™, almond, vanilla, lemon and even cotton candy. But you'll have to try this recipe yourself to see how it tastes!
If your childhood was anything like mine, blue-dyed ice cream was my go-to, no matter the flavor. But instead of adding any dye to this, I used blue spirulina to create its bright blue hue and Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein ($29.99; shop now on vitalproteins.com) to up your daily collagen and protein intake. If you prefer your dessert to be dairy-free, "nice cream" is the perfect pick that's not only easy to make, but also tastes amazing.
Get the full recipe below!
Banana Nice Cream Recipe
Yields 3-4 servings
- 4 frozen ripe bananas
- 2 scoops Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- 2 T condensed coconut milk (or as needed)
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 T raspberry extract
- 1 T lemon extract
- 1 T blue spirulina powder
- Peel and chop bananas into chunks and place in a freezer bag or on a parchment-lined sheet, and freeze until solid.
- Thaw bananas for about 5 minutes, then blend in a food processor or blender until smooth, scraping down the sides and adding coconut as needed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend again. Serve from the blender for a soft serve consistency or place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes for a firmer texture. Enjoy!