Nothing says perfect weekend breakfast like a tall stack of french toast slathered in maple syrup. Growing up, having french toast usually meant it was a holiday or special occasion in order for us to have something so decadent. Now that I’m older, I’ve learned the beauty in allowing myself to indulge in sweet treats, even making them suitable for the every day (because daily french toast is okay in my book!). So, if you're ready to dive into this delicious, carb-y recipe complete with Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides, take a scroll below.
French Toast Recipe
Yields 2-3 Pieces
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- ¾ C coconut milk
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- Fresh raspberries
- Fried bananas (1 T honey, 1 banana and 1 t cinnamon)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- Evenly whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon, coconut sugar, collagen and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Coat a large skillet with a thin layer of coconut oil and begin to heat.
- Dip each slice of bread in the batter, fully soaking both sides. Place the bread in the hot skillet and cook on both sides until lightly golden. Add more coconut oil as needed.
- To make the fried bananas, mix together the honey and cinnamon, and add them to the skillet with a dash more of coconut oil. Thinly slice the bananas and lay them flat on the skillet, flipping to cook each side.
- Plate your toast and serve with fresh fruit, coconut or other toppings, then drizzle the maple syrup and enjoy!