Catherine McCord is a certified smoothie queen. A former fashion model, the family food expert recently penned a new book titled Smoothie Project, where she outlines 100+ smoothie recipes to satisfy any and all cravings. Even better: McCord is a big Vital Proteins® fan who recommends adding hydrolyzed collagen powder to her culinary creations. Not only is incorporating collagen easy to do so (just scoop, stir and sip!), but depending on the powder (flavored or unflavored), it can complement your favorite recipes very well.
“I include collagen in my smoothies every day,” she says, citing the protein’s amazing hair, skin, nails and joints benefits.**
As a special treat, McCord shared one of her recipes with Lively – an antioxidant-rich smoothie recipe that contains berry good ingredients, including our Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides. Keep scrolling for the tasty how-to.
- ½ C fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ C fresh or frozen strawberries
- ½ C fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides
- 2 fresh kale leaves, thick stems removed, chopped
- 1 dried date, pitted
- 1 T cacao powder
- 1 T goji berries
- ¾ C milk of choice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.