I loved gnocchi growing up. Realizing there are so many different ways of making it, I wanted to share this Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe with you because – let’s be honest – it’s so trendy right now that “figure out how to make sweet potato gnocchi” is on everyone’s culinary bucket list. What makes this one so special is the addition of better-for-you ingredients, including almond flour, tapioca starch and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
Once you make the Sweet Potato Gnocchi, you can customize your dish however you want. I love to toss it in olive oil with fresh parsley, thyme, chili flakes, salt and pepper. It’s simple, but my absolute favorite. Use your own creative way and style to better fit your personal taste. Sometimes when I switch it up, I top it off with some creamy alfredo sauce and a side of grilled chicken.
How will you get creative in the kitchen? Share your takes on Sweet Potato Gnocchi on Instagram with the hashtag #stayvital.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe
Yields 50-60 gnocchi
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled, cubed)
- 2 C water (boiled)
- 3 C almond flour
- 1 C tapioca starch (divided)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 3 T olive oil (for drizzle)
- Toppings: Salt, pepper, chili flakes, fresh thyme and parsley
- Preheat oven to 424°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Boil water in a saucepan and add the sweet potato. Boil for about 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- Add the sweet potato to a food processor with the almond flour, half of the tapioca starch and Collagen Peptides. Blend together until dough forms. This can also be done in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Use the additional tapioca starch and sprinkle over a flat surface. Roll the dough into 3-4 small balls and roll each ball out into long rolls. Cut each roll into 1-inch pieces and pierce with the flat surface of a fork.
- Add gnocchi pieces to the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Enjoy!