As we all continue to cozy up at home, we’ve been seriously flexing our baking skills in the kitchen. Right now is the perfect opportunity to pause, stay in the moment and enjoy some of the things we used to love. For me, baking is one of them and with the weather getting nicer, it is lovely to sit on my back deck in the morning, listen to the birds and enjoy a slice or two of this delicious Zucchini Bread.
This Zucchini Bread is the best treat to snack on and pairs well with a spread of nut butter or coconut butter. I enjoy it best with a hot cup of mint tea and a book in hand. This recipe is simple to make and is full of wonderful health benefits and simple whole ingredients. This Zucchini Bread is so soft and moist, you would never even know it was paleo.
The cinnamon and banana bring out wonderful flavors and will leave your space with a beautiful aroma. I usually bake two loaves at once because this bread never seems to last more than a day in my household. Plus, it makes a delicious breakfast. In addition to cinnamon, banana and – of course – zucchini, I added Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to the dry mix since it’s such a versatile ingredient. Not only is it flavorless and odorless, our Collagen Peptides easily dissolves in both hot and cold liquids.
Ready to trade in the banana bread for this collagen recipe? Keep scrolling for the full how-to.
Paleo Zucchini Bread
Yields 1 Zucchini Bread
- 1 T coconut oil (to grease pan)
- 1½ C shredded zucchini
- 2 C almond flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¾ t baking soda
- ¼ t sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Grease a 8/12 x 4/12 inch loaf pan and add a piece of parchment paper. Strain the shredded zucchini in cheesecloth.
- Place all of the ingredients into the food processor and mix together. You may also do this in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, add in the shredded zucchini, banana and mix together with the maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend together with a food processor or a hand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake the loaf for 34-40 minutes and use a toothpick to see if it comes out dry.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, let cool and enjoy with some coconut butter!