By: Lindsay Zacharia
Lindsay Zacharia is a clean food and wellness blogger, who currently shares her recipes and lifestyle tips on her Instagram @thesimplebite. Here, she shares her recipe for a delicious No-Bake Layer Cake.
Making a cake is always a good idea when it’s time to celebrate! But what if you have minimal time and want to use the most basic ingredients? We’ve got you covered with this crowd-pleasing recipe for a No-Bake Cake that boasts crunchy, tasty layers.
Instead of turning the oven up and whipping out that huge mixer you have stored away, opt for a mixing bowl, whisk and your own two hands. This recipe is so easy to make and requires zero equipment.
RELATED: 10 Collagen Recipes That Don't Require an Oven
Before we dive in, let’s not forget about one of the star ingredients that makes up this delicious sweet treat! While the “cake” is gluten free, the frosting is filled with a ton of flavor, healthy fats and collagen from Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer!
Now that’s a way to treat yourself!
No-Bake Cake Recipe
Yields 8 servings of No-Bake Cake
- 1 pack of gluten-free cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer
- 2 t maple syrup
- Wild blueberries or topping of choice
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Lay graham crackers across the bottom of the loaf pan (approximately 1½ crackers) and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, empty the solidified part of the coconut milk (the remaining liquid will not be used for this recipe).
- Using a whisk or fork, mix the coconut milk around the bowl until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Add the maple syrup and mix until smooth.
- Add the Vanilla Collagen Creamer and mix until smooth.
- Spread a layer of frosting across the top of the graham crackers, holding the two pieces together.
- Place another layer of graham crackers on top of the frosting.
Continue to alternate until there is one graham cracker remaining.
- Spread the remaining frosting on top and around the cake, covering all edges.
- Crumble the final graham cracker and place into a bag for later.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once removed from the refrigerator, top with graham cracker crumbs and wild blueberries.
- Cut and serve. Enjoy!