Best Lunch Award Goes to This Stuffed Avocado Recipe
New season, new go-to meal! It’s time to put a delicious spin on healthy eating again by adding this Stuffed Avocado recipe to our must-try list this fall.
This recipe may look a little complicated due to its straight-out-of-a-food-magazine aesthetic, but we promise it’s as simple to make as it is tasty to eat. Chock full of good-for-you ingredients, this Stuffed Avocado recipe puts the spotlight on the fully dressed avocado base that holds the cubed chicken breasts. The chosen protein is tossed in onions, parsley and a lemon dressing – containing Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – for a truly Pinterest-worthy meal that will have you coming back for more.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather the following ingredients, ‘gram your way around the kitchen and enjoy this nutrient-rich Stuffed Avocado. You won't regret it.
Stuffed Avocado Recipe
Yields 8 servings of Stuffed Avocado
- 4 whole avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/2 lemon
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 C baked chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Plain non-dairy yogurt, optional
- ½ C fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 2 t honey (optional)
- ¼ C extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Cut the avocados, remove the pits. carefully scoop out the flesh to create bowls, leaving a small border.
- Dice up the avocado flesh and add it to medium bowl.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the diced avocados
- In the bowl, mix in the cubed chicken, chopped parsley and green onions. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil and Collagen Peptides in a small bowl; adjust the seasonings to taste and pour it over the salad.
- Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the prepared chicken salad and fill the empty avocado shells.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!