Every month, we introduce a new Guest Editor to share his or her musings on wellness, beauty, lifestyle and beyond. This month, we invited Whole30® Certified Coach Alexis Jacinto to take part. Keep reading to see her 3 Whole30® recipes.
As a busy mom who can be running around doing a million things at any given moment, I need to make sure that every meal I eat counts. What does that mean? It means keeping my diet well-balanced, like following the Whole30® meal template and incorporating Vital Proteins’ collagen products to my everyday routine! Whether you’re a 9-5er, a student running late for class or a jet-setter, these recipes feature fun (and better-for-you) ways to use your favorite collagen.
RELATED: These Collagen Products Are Whole30® Compliant
Paleorookie's Pink Dream
- 1/3 C coconut milk
- 1/3 C filtered water
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen® in Tropical Hibiscus
- Handful of muddled raspberries
- In a large glass add a handful of raspberries to the bottom.
- Add coconut milk and Beauty Collagen. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, take a fork and gently mash raspberries.
- Add water, muddled raspberries and ice to your glass. Stir.
- Garnish with a few more raspberries.
Fall Harvest Salad
Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 C olive oil
- ¼ C white balsamic vinegar
- 1 t onion powder
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bag pre-washed arugula
- ½ lb. brussels sprouts, sliced thick
- 1-2 fennel bulbs, sliced thick
- 1 large sweet potato, medium dice
- 2 large shallots, ¼” slices
- 1-2 roasted beets (store-bought), diced
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prep sweet potato, brussels sprouts, fennel, and shallots.
- Place on baking sheet and evenly coat with avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Toss veggies halfway through to roast evenly. When veggies have a nice char and a little crisp, set aside to cool down slightly.
- Assemble your salad starting with a bed of arugula topped with roasted veggies, beets and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette and serve alongside a store-bought Whole30®-compliant rotisserie chicken.
- 1 lb. organic ground beef
- 5 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- 3 large zucchinis
- 3 yellow squash
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 T spicy brown mustard
- 1 T Whole30®-compliant ketchup
- 1-2 T coconut aminos
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- ½ t paprika
- Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 T almond flour
- 2 T arrowroot powder
- 8 C water
- Combine beef, garlic, 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard, ketchup, parsley, egg, almond flour, salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs and place on parchment paper with baking sheet.
- Bake 425° for 15 minutes.
- Sauté yellow onion in 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon ghee.
- When translucent, add meatballs and zucchini to the pot. Pour in water.
- Add coconut aminos and 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard.
- Once broth starts to simmer, add Beef Bone Broth Collagen.
- Simmer until zucchini are partially cooked.
- Next, to thicken the gravy, add arrowroot powder to a shot of cold water. Mix and add it to the pot. Gravy will thicken instantly.
- Simmer until zucchini are tender and cooked through. Serve over cauliflower rice or eat straight up!
Photos: Courtesy of Alexis Jacinto