With Labor Day right around the corner, many of us are already mourning the end of a season that brought us the reign of White Claw, so many beach outings and sweltering days that may or may not have turned us into temporary homebodies.
But there’s good news (for now at least): The upcoming holiday weekend does not mean summer is over. We still have a few more weeks until fall officially takes over – and until then, we’ll be whipping up this seasonal Grilled Chicken Salad to keep our most prized June-August memories alive.
Boasting good-for-you ingredients like cherry tomatoes, red peppers, carrots and more, this recipe also calls for a dressing that contains Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Flavorless, odorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids, our OG collagen powder is easily the most versatile product in our lineup. Helping to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints,** our Collagen Peptides can be added to coffee, smoothies or salad dressings – among other meals – just like the following Grilled Chicken Salad recipe proves.
Enjoy the final weeks of summer with this collagen recipe, guaranteed to freshen up your normal routine. Here’s to a nutritious end to the season!
Grilled Chicken Salad
Yields 4 servings of Grilled Chicken & Veggie Summer Salad
Grilled Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ C cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ C red peppers, chopped
- ½ C carrots, sliced
- 1 C cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ C red onion, sliced
- 1 grilled avocado, chopped
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- ¼-lb. mixed greens (6 cups lightly packed)
- 3/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 2 t honey (optional)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- In a small bowl, add Dijon mustard, honey, ¼ cup of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add Collagen Peptides and whisk until fully mixed.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Coat carrots and red peppers with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- On a baking sheet, baste chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken on grill, basting with olive oil as needed, until cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Once chicken is grilled, chop into cubes.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill flesh side down and grill for 2 minutes.
- Combine mixed greens in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dressing, toss to coat.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, red peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and avocado.
- Top with grilled chicken and sprinkle with green onion. Serve with remaining dressing and enjoy!