I have always loved growing up in an Italian household where gardening is such an important ritual. We love to grow fresh basil, parsley, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and more. My favorite part is taking a 30-second walk, barefoot in the backyard, on a sunny day to grab some fresh and organic herbs and vegetables. There is nothing more delicious than the combination of fresh basil and cherry tomatoes.
This cherry tomato and basil salad, paired with a delicious nutty and balsamic cashew dip, is a great snack or side to pay homage to this. It's time-friendly to create and packed with delicious flavors and nutrients. I love taking a fork full of tomato with basil and bocconcini ball and then slipping it into this dip. The aroma of the fresh basil and balsamic brings so much of my Italian roots home. I can almost hear my Italian Nonna yell “mangiare, mangie!” when it’s time to dive into these delicious foods.
Another ingredient I love to use in this recipe is Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. It easily dissolves and has great benefits, including hair, skin, nails and joint support!**
This summer, I hope you have the chance to enjoy this tasty salad. I promise it's one you and your family will love, as mine does.
Tomato Basil Salad With Cashew Balsamic Dip Recipe
Yields 4-6 Servings
- 2 C cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 C bocconcini (mozzarella) cheese (cut in half)
- 1/3 C fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 C cashews (soaked)
- 2 T balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 1 t garlic (minced)
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Soak the cashews in boiled water for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Cut the basil, cherry tomatoes, boccochini and toss together with half of the balsamic vinegar.
- Once the cashews are soaked, add to a food processor with the other half of the balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, sea salt and collagen. Blend together until smooth and combined.
- Add the tomato basil salad to a plate with the balsamic cashew dip on the side. Drizzle the dip on top of the salad or use the dip on the side. Enjoy!