When you think of summer, what treat comes to mind? For us, s’mores are at the top of the list! There is something so classic about the combination of sweet graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate, right? Well, this collagen recipe was made with exactly that in mind! These outstanding S’mores Crisp Treats hit the spot every time and requires no fire pit, sticks or, dare we say, mess while eating!
Wondering what goes into these heavenly bars? The base of the recipe starts off with your favorite clean marshmallows, organic chocolate rice cereal and coconut oil. From there, we add in the key ingredients to make these bars taste like they are fresh off your fire pit stick — graham cracker pieces and chocolate chunks. We then top the bars off with a thick chocolate spread, made with our favorite Collagen Peptides. (Are you drooling yet?)
This treat can also be made gluten and dairy free, making it great to share with friends and family! Scroll on to get the recipe.
S'mores Bar Recipe
Yields 12 S'mores
- 1 T coconut oil
- 4 C gluten-free, dairy-free mini marshmallows
- 2 C organic gluten-free chocolate rice cereal
- 1 C gluten-free broken graham crackers
- 1 C gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chunks
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil until it turns to liquid. Once liquidized, add the marshmallows.
- Stir the marshmallows with a spatula consistently until their shape is no longer formed and they are all well combined. Next, add in the chocolate rice cereal, stirring with a spatula.
- Once the chocolate rice cereal is integrated into the marshmallow batter, add in the graham cracker pieces. (If not already broken, simply crack your favorite graham crackers until bite-sized pieces. This will give you the perfect texture when added to the batter, versus using crumbs).
- After the graham cracker pieces are well combined in the mix, remove the pan from the heat and fold in ½ C of the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined square pan and press it down until it is evenly spread out.
- Melt the remaining ½ C of chocolate chunks in a separate bowl and slowly add 1 scoop of the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. For best results, pour the powder in dashes at a time, continuously stirring until all is integrated.
- Layer the chocolate spread on top of the mixture in the pan, ensuring it is evenly covered.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to slicing and enjoying!
*S’mores Crisp Treats are best stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 1 week.
Shop The Recipe