If you’re looking for an easy dinner that’s nutritious but also has a unique twist, try this Creamy Grapefruit Salmon! I love cooking healthy, but sometimes, options can become limited and redundant. What’s great about salmon is it’s so versatile and can be paired with so many different flavors, so there’s always something new you can try! Plus, it's ridiculously easy to prepare and takes just a matter of 5-10 minutes to cook.
Grapefruit happens to be a super beneficial fruit, too, that comes with a zesty profile different from the typical lemon or citrus. Then, the addition of coconut milk sauce makes this dish extra creamy and rich, along with Collagen Peptides. This salmon also pairs perfectly with a fresh avocado mash during the day, or if you’re looking for something for a full meal, baked lemon asparagus is the way to go.
Take a look below to get going on the entire delicious recipe.
Pan-Seared Grapefruit Salmon Recipe
Yields 4 Servings
- 1.5 lb. salmon, cut into 4 filets
- 3 C onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 T grapefruit zest
- ¾ C grapefruit juice
- ½ C coconut milk
- Fresh basil
- 2 T butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime
- Cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper the salmon in a cast iron skillet with butter, and cook skin side up for about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove the salmon.
- Add the second half of butter to the cast iron (or regular skillet!) and saute the onions and garlic until lightly browned. Add the coconut milk, grapefruit zest and juice, simmering the mixture and letting the sauce thicken. Add the salmon back to the skillet and reheat, then plate and spoon the sauce over the salmon.
- For the avocado side, mash 2 avocados and squeeze half to a whole lime and add one clove of garlic and chopped cherry tomatoes. You can also add additional collagen to the avocado mix.
- If you’d like to pair this with asparagus, preheat the oven to 425°F and spread the asparagus over a baking pan. Add 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped, and slice 2 lemons and cover the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil and cook for 25 minutes or until your desired softness.
- Garnish with fresh grapefruit on the side, and enjoy!