Some mornings, quickly throwing something in your bag for breakfast is all there’s time for before heading out the door. We’ve all been there – but that doesn’t mean your breakfast can’t be filling and nutritious!
Overnight oats have been finding their way into more people’s fridges over the year – and for good reason! It’s a great way to have a delicious breakfast, without having to do much prepping in the morning. In fact, it can all be done before bedtime the night before.
We decided to take a more decadent spin with these creamy and protein-packed Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats. They are naturally sweetened, thanks to the banana, and filled to the brim with health benefits, courtesy of our Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides, which helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints. A warning to chocolate lovers: you’ll be scraping the bottom of the jar before you know it and wishing you had more! Lucky for you, whipping up these Chunky Overnight Oats only takes a few minutes.
Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Yields 1 serving of Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
- 1/3 C old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 C homemade almond milk
- 1/4 C plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 T ground flaxseed meal
- Splash of pure vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a jar, mash your banana, then add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix and cover. Give it a few shakes to make sure it’s all well-combined.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add your toppings and enjoy!