To snack or not to snack – that is the question! I do understand the logic and thought process behind the “no snacks” theory. I do try to keep it healthy when I can though. I always make sure I fill my plate in a way that allows room for a decadent snack every now and again.
Plus, if you're anything like me, some days you just find yourself much hungrier than others. On days like those, I love to make sure I have some healthy snacks ready to grab and go to satisfy my sweet tooth. That’s why I made these Chocolate Bliss Balls! While yes, they do taste incredible – a cross between a creamy hazelnut spread and a crunchy chocolate bar – there’s so much more to appreciate about them.
Each one of these Chocolate Bliss Balls are packed with protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Snacking on these fudgy treats never felt so good! This bliss balls recipe also calls for one scoop of Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen, which contains L-theanine, an amino acid that provides an “alert calm” in users. Enjoy the richness chocolate and matcha have to offer while supporting healthier hair, skin, nails, and joints, thanks to our Matcha Collagen. Oh, and did I mention they only take 10 minutes to make?
Healthy Chocolate Bliss Balls
Yields 20 Healthy Chocolate Bliss Balls
- 1/2 C raw almonds
- 1/2 C skinless hazelnuts *
- 3/4 C medjool dates**
- 1 T cacao
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t instant espresso
- 1 t maca powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cacao (optional)
- Finely shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- Place your almonds and hazelnuts on to a lined baking tray and roast at 350F for 5 to 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Once toasted, place almonds and hazelnuts into a food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly.
- Add dates and process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky, loose "dough."
- Add cacao, maca, Matcha Collagen, and espresso, along with vanilla and salt. Then process again until combined.
- Using your hands, roll approximately 1 small tablespoon of dough into bite-size balls then set aside.
- If you are going to coat your Chocolate Bliss Balls in cacao or crushed hazelnuts, simply place the cacao, and/or coconut flakes into a small bowl and gently press/shake until nicely coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.