Looking for a simple take on a classic treat? Then this Vanilla Glazed Donut recipe is perfect for you! Not only are these donuts sweet and fluffy, but they are topped with a delicious vanilla glaze that will make you question why you haven’t been baking your own donuts this entire time. This Vanilla Glazed Donut recipe calls for 8 ingredients and only 4 for the glaze, making it simple enough to whip up and enjoy in under 30 minutes. Yes, it’s that easy!
Some of the ingredients you'll find in this recipe include coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla. The first two ingredients play a key role in making the donuts moist and fluffy, while our dairy-free, gluten-free Collagen Creamer provides a flavor boost.
We donut know about you, but we're ready for a bite!
Vanilla Glazed Donut Recipe
Yields 6 Vanilla Glazed Donuts
- 2 eggs
- 3 T honey
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 T coconut oil
- ½ t baking soda
- ¾ C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- ¼ t salt
- 3 scoops Collagen Creamer™ supplement
- 3 T almond milk
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T coconut butter
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients for the donuts in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients for the donuts to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a greased donut pan.
- Bake the donuts for 15 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, heat the almond milk, maple syrup and coconut butter for the glaze until slightly steamy (30 to 60 seconds in the microwave will do).
- In a small bowl, mix the liquid with the collagen creamer for the glaze. Once smooth, store in the refrigerator.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the donuts have cooled, remove the glaze from the refrigerator and dunk each donut into the glaze bowl.
- Place donuts on a cooling rack and decorate with sprinkles or a topping of your choice.