We all have those moments when nothing sounds better than curling up next to a big bowl of chocolate-something, whether than means a bar, ice cream, pudding or milkshake. Besides being one of the tastiest treats, cacao is jam-packed with antioxidants. It’s also one of the best sources of plant-based magnesium. That’s exactly why we had to dream up this Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe.
So, let’s get to the details: Our latest creation is a rich dessert that boasts only five ingredients. Yep, you read that right. It might feel like you’re solely enjoying a creamy, easy chocolate mousse recipe, but two scoops of Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($25; shop now on vitalproteins.com) ensure you're reaping major benefits.
Keep reading for the full how-to!
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Yields 1 Chocolate Mousse
- 1 16 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- ½ medium avocado
- 3-4 T raw cacao powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 5 drops liquid stevia (or sub for 2 T maple syrup or raw honey)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve in a glass or jar, add your favorite toppings (cacao nibs, goji berries, chia seeds or coconut flakes) and enjoy!