We love cozying up with a warm cup of oatmeal as much as the next person. But sometimes all we’re really craving is a savory start to the day. That’s why we can’t get enough of this Healthy Southwest Bowl recipe. A perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this hearty bowl calls for chicken, avocado and sweet potatoes, among other baked vegetables and spices.
Your new favorite dish also contains a very beneficial ingredient: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Why add two scoops of it? Aside from being flavorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids and foods, our OG VP product also helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails and joints.** Win-win!
Healthy Southwest Bowl
Yields 1 Southwest Bowl
- 2 8 oz. chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 T avocado oil
- 1 C red onion, diced
- 2 assorted color bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 t garlic, chopped
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 t chili powder
- 2 t dried oregano
- 2 T ground cumin
- 2 t paprika
- 1 t garlic powder
- ½ t ground black pepper
- ½ t sea salt
- 3 T lime juice
- 2 eggs, fried
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 T green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, combine Collagen Peptides, seasonings, lime juice and avocado oil.
- Add chicken breasts and veggies until fully coated. (You can also transfer to Ziploc bag and let marinate in fridge overnight).
- Place the sweet potatoes, bell peppers and onion onto a sheet pan.
- Add chicken breasts and rub additional marinade onto chicken and veggies until evenly distributed. Lay the chicken over the vegetables.
- Place the sheet pan in oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken and veggies are tender.
- Once chicken and veggies are done, divide vegetables into bowls. Top with chicken, fried egg and sliced avocado. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.