A delicious morning staple, eggs are full of nutrients, healthy fats, and protein. But protein levels in eggs are often not high enough for those with an active lifestyle or high-intensity workouts. Our Beef Gelatin is great for boosting the protein level in many meals and work particularly well when whisked in with your morning eggs like in this Breakfast Scramble. With over 20 grams of protein per serving, as well as tons of flavor from crisp bacon and sautéed peppers and onions, this one-pot meal with be sure to help you start your day right.
Breakfast Scramble with Peppers and Onions
Yields 2 servings
- ¼ C filtered water
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 2 slices grass-fed bacon, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped (red or white)
- ½ bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 4 eggs
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Salsa, sauerkraut, avocado, or fresh herbs (optional)
- Mix the filtered water and Beef Gelatin in a medium-sized bowl. Set the bowl aside to let the proteins "bloom" for about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel. Keep the skillet at medium heat and add the chopped peppers and onions. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- While the peppers and onions are cooking, whisk the eggs into the Collagen Proteins. Whisk vigorously to mix the granules in well. Add the eggs to the skillet, along with the reserved bacon, and cook until the eggs to desired doneness. It will take an extra couple of minutes due to the moisture from the Collagen Proteins.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with toppings, as desired, and serve immediately.