Overnight oats are a breakfast lover’s dream. Not only is breakfast ready and waiting for you when you wake up, but you can basically make any recipe combination your heart desires. These could not get any easier, and are full of fiber, healthy fats and collagen (and flavor!). We went for an almond cookie flavor for this overnight oats recipe.
The beauty of an overnight oats recipe is its simplicity and versatility. However you enjoy your oatmeal, you can make your overnight oats. Instead of boiling water and cooking the oats in a pot, you simply stir the oats into the desired liquid of choice and place in the refrigerator overnight. It’s really that easy! The oats absorb much of the liquid while setting in the refrigerator, and have the same consistency as oats that are cooked in a pot over heat. Oats are full of soluble fiber, which takes in and holds lots of water. The soluble fiber helps the oats retain their shape and texture without getting too mushy, and is also key in the increasing the viscosity of the contents in our digestive tract.
Another plus for this overnight oats recipe is the collagen that’s added to it. Collagen Peptides are a perfect addition to the almond cookie flavor since they are flavorless and mix right in. No better way to start your morning than with fiber and collagen in your breakfast and ready to walk out the door when you are.
Almond Cookie Overnight Oats Recipe
Yields 1 serving of Almond Cookie Overnight Oats
- ⅓ C gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ C coconut or almond milk
- 1 T almond butter
- ⅛ t almond extract
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Fresh raspberries
- Almond butter
- Sliced almonds
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- In a jar or cup, stir together oats, coconut milk, almond butter, almond extract and Collagen Peptides.
- Place in refrigerator to set overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove refrigerator and top with raspberries, additional almond butter, sliced almonds, maple syrup and dark chocolate chips, if desired.
- Serve immediately.