Looking for a cute treat to make with family or simply one that will make you feel like a kid again? We’ve got you covered with these homemade Rice Crispy Treats.
The recipe is made with five simple ingredients and can be prepared in 15 minutes or less! On top of this treat being super easy to make, it has a wellness kick to it as well! Wondering how to whip up these better-for-you Rice Crispy Treats? It’s all about what’s inside.
Let us fill you in. Two key ingredients in this recipe are brown rice cereal and, of course, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. The brown rice cereal is full of whole grains and our Collagen Peptides delivers 20g of collagen per serving. Flavorless, odorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids, our Collagen Peptides help to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.** Talk about a pretty awesome treat!
Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
- 4 C brown rice crisp cereal
- 4 C mini marshmallows
- 4 T coconut oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Rainbow sprinkles or topping of choice
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with the coconut oil only.
- While the pot is warming, line a square pan with a lightly greased piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- Once the pot is warm and the coconut oil is melted, slowly add the marshmallows (continuously stirring).
- Once the marshmallows begin to melt, add the brown rice cereal one cup at a time (continuously stirring).
- After all cereal is in the pot, continue to stir while adding the Collagen Peptides.
- Remove the pot from the heat once all ingredients are well combined.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the pan lined with parchment paper, pressing the mixture into the pan with a spatula.
- Once the mixture is evenly distributed in the pan, add sprinkles or a topping of your choice.
- Let cool for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Slice the treats into squares and enjoy!