Courtney King's Favorite Frozen Yogurt Bites Are So Easy to Make
By: Courtney King
Every month, we introduce a new Guest Editor to share his or her musings on wellness, beauty, lifestyle and beyond. This month, we invited wellness guru Courtney King to take part. Keep reading for her frozen yogurt bites recipe that’s not only super easy to make but also dairy free.
I don’t know about you but I’m a desserts gal! I’m always in the mood for something sweet no matter what season it is. We’re still in summer mode and people are likely craving ice cream or frozen yogurt served over a warm cookie. So, I wanted to share a healthier, more cost-effective alternative that’s easy to make, extremely refreshing and sweetened with natural sugar and fruit. I’m thrilled to introduce my Frozen Yogurt Bites to you. Packed with lots of healthy fats and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, these berry-topped cups is a better-for-you choice for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Frozen Yogurt Bites
Yields 6 Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 2 bananas
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T sunflower butter (you can also use almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter!)
- ½ C pecans, crushed
- Sea salt
- 1 C dairy-free yogurt
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 T honey
- Mash bananas in a bowl
- Add coconut oil, pecans and a dash of sea salt and cinnamon.
- Mix these ingredients together really well! Let your crust mixture sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add yogurt, Collagen Peptides and honey. If you’re using a dairy-free yogurt, I recommend adding a small about of sun butter to thicken the batter!
- Thoroughly mix it with a fork or whisk. I like to add it to my NutriBullet for a few seconds to make sure the yogurt mixture gets really creamy. Put the yogurt mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Use coconut oil spray to coat a muffin tin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of your crust mixture and line the muffin tin. You can push down with a spoon to make it flat. Note: The crust will not be super hard when you’re putting it in the tin! It’s going to get much harder when it freezes.
- After you line the tin with your crust mixture, take your yogurt mixture out and fill the rest of the muffin tin to the top.
- Add your yogurt toppings! I used fresh blueberries and strawberries with some coconut shreds.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- When you’re ready to enjoy and your cups are completely frozen, let them sit for 10 minutes so they’re easier to remove.
- And enjoy! I hope you love this recipe just as much as I do. Make sure to tag me on Instagram @courtneykiing if you decide to make these so I can repost!