Ria Bass is a food blogger (check her out @vibrantbythespoonful on Instagram!) who regularly posts picture-perfect ‘grams. Here, she shares her Chunky Avocado Dip recipe.
Are you a fan of savory snacks? Well, this Chunky Avocado Dip is the perfect snack companion when paired with crackers and veggies. It’s also a great opportunity to free up the fridge of any super-ripe avocados that may be overstaying their welcome. Win-win!
This Chunky Avocado Dip is loaded with healthy fats thanks to the avocado and packed with an assortment of fresh veggies for the ultimate nutrient boost. There's also a secret ingredient that brings up the cool factor of this dish: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
Since our Collagen Peptides are both odorless and flavorless, it’s extremely versatile when it comes to baking and/or cooking. That’s exactly why I decided to sneak in a scoop into the dressing for this dip.
Feel free to incorporate this Chunky Avocado Dip into various dishes. It doubles as a spread for sandwiches or wraps and tastes amazing on top of brown rice and grilled chicken. The options are endless!
Chunky Avocado Dip Recipe
Yields 3 servings of Chunky Avocado Dip
For the Dip
- 1-2 ripe avocados, peeled cut into small chunks
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow or green)
- ¼ C cucumber, diced
- 2 T fresh cilantro, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t chili powder, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in half, remove the seed and skin and begin to cut into small chunks.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine your bell pepper, cilantro, cucumber and avocado.
- In a smaller bowl, add your olive oil, garlic and chili powder, lemon juice, Collagen Peptides, salt and pepper. Thoroughly whisk using a fork until the collagen has dissolved.
- Slowly pour dressing over the dip and using a fork gently mix the contents.
- Pop into the fridge before serving.
It's best to use a ripe-yet-firm avocado if you want a chunky texture over one that is mushy, but if you have overly ripe avocados, mashing it into a paste works best.