When it comes to flavor combinations, we think it’s safe to say that chocolate and peanut butter are at the top of the list! The nutty, sweet flavor always keeps us coming back for more and this DIY treat is no exception.
This collagen recipe for no-bake Peanut Butter Cups is a fun twist on a classic snack, featuring our delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Collagen Bars™. Outside of this Collagen Bar™, the recipe calls for 3 better-for-you ingredients, such as peanut butter (all the healthy fats!), chocolate for some sweetness and sea salt for that little kick we all enjoy!
Wondering what the best part is (outside of this treat being packed with collagen)? This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make! Plus, they are freezer-friendly, so you can truly make every bite worth biting for, whenever chocolate craving hits!
Peanut Butter Cups
Yields 4 Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 Vital Proteins Peanut Butter Chocolate Collagen Bars™
- 4 T peanut butter
- ¼ C chocolate chips
- Dash of salt
- Coconut oil (optional)
- ⅛ C chocolate chips (optional topping)
- Remove the bar and microwave on a plate for 10 seconds.
- Place both in between parchment paper and slightly roll each out, thinning the bars.
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut two circles out of each bar. If no cookie cutter is available, we recommend carefully using a knife or kitchen scissors.
- Place all circles on the parchment paper and freeze for 5 minutes until cool again.
- Place one tablespoon of peanut butter on each circle, spreading it out to fully cover the bar.
- Place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until the peanut butter is cold.
- Melt the chocolate chips, until smooth. If possible, we recommend adding 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the mixture to thin out the chocolate.
- One by one, place each cup onto a fork, dunking it completely into the chocolate (using a fork will help the bottom get coated as well).
- Place the cup back onto the parchment paper and repeat until complete.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top of the cups for design.
- Finally, top off with some sea salt and place back in the freezer for storage.
- When storing in the freezer, we recommend allowing them to defrost at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.