Ready for a new treat you'll reach for after every workout? These No-Bake Protein Peanut Butter Cups are the perfect snack for when you need a protein boost and are craving a sweet treat! The entire recipe calls for a total of 4 good-for-you ingredients and is super simple to create.
All you need for these bites is your favorite peanut butter, chocolate, coconut oil and our Vital Performance™ Salty Chocolate Peanut Protein Bars ($29.99; shop now). The bars act as the base in this recipe, adding a protein kick to the classic peanut butter and chocolate combo!
Simply top the bar base with your choice of smooth or crunchy peanut butter, freeze and coat in chocolate. It's that simple! The entire recipe is no-bake and can be stored in the freezer for consistent access to a protein-packed sweet treat! Ready to dive in?
No-Bake Protein Peanut Butter Cups
Yields 12 Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 Vital Performance™ Salty Chocolate Peanut Protein Bars
- ¾ C peanut butter
- ½ C chocolate chips
- 2 t coconut oil
- Sea salt flakes (optional)
- Remove the bar wrappers and slice each into 3 pieces (Lively Tip: we recommend using kitchen scissors for the best results).
- Once you have 12 squares, carefully use a knife or kitchen scissors to round the edges, turning them into circles.
- Place each piece into a mini muffin pan, pushing it to the bottom of the mold (Lively Tip: for best results, we recommend using a silicone pan or mold).
- Scoop 1 T of peanut butter onto each piece, covering them completely.
- Place the cups in the freezer overnight.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate chips in 15 second increments, stirring in between. All chocolate should be fully melted — this usually takes about 3 sets of heating.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and immediately dunk them into the chocolate mixture with a spoon. Place each on parchment paper.
- Place the cups back in the freezer for 10 minutes before enjoying! (Optional: Top with sea salt flakes)