Finding quick and easy meals as we welcome back-to-school season can be a challenge. That's exactly where these collagen-infused Pizza Rolls come in. They are great to pack for lunches, or to enjoy as an after-school snack. Plus, they’re easy to pull apart and satisfy your savory craving.
The homemade pizza sauce is the best part of these pizza rolls, as it is packed with Italian flavors. The combination of basil, oregano and garlic brings out the delicious pizza aromas. In this recipe, we added the Vital Proteins® Beef Bone Broth Collagen ($49; shop now) for an easy boost to your daily collagen intake.
Ready to add this collagen recipe to your back-to-school lunch menu? Keep scrolling!
Yields 10-12 servings
- 1 ball pre-made pizza dough
- 1 C Pepperoni (chopped)
- ½ C red onion (chopped)
- ½ C green pepper (chopped)
- 1 C mozzarella (shredded)
- 1/3 C parmesan (shredded)
- 2 T fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 T basil (chopped)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a cast iron skillet or baking dish, lightly grease with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil and minced garlic together until lightly browned. Then, add in all the other ingredients for the sauce and cook on medium heat. Once it begins to lightly boil, remove from the stove, and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough until it forms a rectangular-like shape. Begin by spreading a layer of pizza sauce throughout the stretched dough.
- Next, start layering the pizza dough with the rest of the toppings until it is evenly distributed.
- Then roll up the dough tightly to form a log. Cut into 10-12 rolls and place each roll on the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan and basil. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the rolls begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven, add more toppings as desired & enjoy!