New seasons bring all kinds of excitement, especially in the kitchen! Apple cider is one of these classic fall flavors and these Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls fully embrace it!
If you're ready for a collagen recipe that tastes like fall in every bite, dive into these rolls featuring ingredients like apple cider, apple butter and cinnamon. In addition to these key ingredients, this recipe has a secret wellness kick, packing in probiotics from the coconut yogurt, fiber from the fresh cut apples and healthy fats from our Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla ($29; shop now on vitalproteins.com)!
Each of these delicious Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls are topped with a sweet vanilla glaze to tie everything together. If you're interested in creating a yummy autumn treat, keep scrolling to get cooking!
Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls
Yields 9 Rolls
- 2 C oat flour + ¼ C for dusting
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- 2 ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 1 ½ t cinnamon
- 1 C coconut yogurt
- ¼ C apple cider
- ½ C apple butter
- 1 C chopped apple (typically 1 medium apple)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 T honey
- 5 T melted coconut butter
- ½ t vanilla
- 4 T powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 T refrigerated coconut cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Begin to prepare the crust by mixing the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (using only 2 C of the oat flour).
- Once well-combined, add in the coconut yogurt.
- Once mixed, add in the apple cider, stirring it until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough into a log and place it on a piece of parchment paper sprinkled with ⅛ C of oat flour.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll it out using a rolling pin.
- Once the dough is ~¼ C thick, spread the apple butter evenly on top and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, create the additional filling by mixing together the chopped apple, cinnamon and honey.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the apple butter.
- Once complete, roll the dough into a spiral log. Then slice into 9 rolls.
- Place the rolls closely together in a greased pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- While the rolls are in the oven, create the glaze by mixing the ingredients in a separate bowl. For the best results, use a handheld mixer.
- Once out of the oven, drizzle the glaze on top and enjoy!