Let's cut straight to the point — these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are SO good! Consider them sweet, salty and spicy pieces of yum. They're perfect as an appetizer, main dish, snack or whatever you'd like them as.
These tasty bites are dredged in a mix of spices and coconut sugar for a delicious marriage of sweet and savory flavors. Additionally, there’s a full serving of Vital Proteins® Bone Broth Collagen in each portion, making taste and health benefits combine into one. (Sounds like a recipe everyone needs to make, to me!)
Scroll on to learn how to whip them up for yourself!
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Chicken Bites
Yields 10-12 pieces
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. sliced bacon
- 2/3 C coconut sugar
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper (or 1/4 t for more kick)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet pan with foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper and Bone Broth Collagen.
- Sprinkle the chicken with a little salt to taste. Then, wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken cube and secure with a toothpick.
- Coat the wrapped chicken in the coconut sugar spice mixture.
- Place the chicken pieces on the baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp.
- Serve immediately!