Trail mix is one of the simplest yet delicious, on-the-go treats! It’s sweet, salty, and never fails to satisfy. The only thing that rivals it are these healthy Trail Mix Bites! It doesn’t get better than tiny treats. Just think of all the delicious flavors trail mix has to offer rolled into one fun, bite-sized, afternoon snack! Yep, trail mix just got an update.
Each bite provides you with tons of delicious ingredients, such as nuts, seeds, and – of course – chocolate! You didn’t think we would forget that tasty ingredient, did you?
The fiber from the nuts and chia seeds will keep you full while the chocolate is every dessert lover’s dream. Plus, each bite contains Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints! Our Collagen Peptides are versatile and can be used in any sweet or savory recipe. Why, you ask? Not only are they odorless and flavorless, but they are also easily soluble in hot and cold liquids and foods.
These grab-and-go bites are delicious, nutritious, and take minutes to make! All you need to get started on this Trail Mix Bites recipe are six simple ingredients, one bowl, and your two hands!
Healthy Trail Mix Recipe
Yields 8 Trail Mix Bites
- ⅓ C almonds
- ⅓ C cashews
- 1 t chia seeds
- ¼ C peanut butter
- ⅛ C mini chocolate chips
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Pour nuts into a medium-sized bowl and crush into pieces using the back of a big spoon or measuring cup.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients into the bowl (besides the Collagen Peptides.)
- Add the peanut butter into the bowl.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Add the Collagen Peptides and stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the treats overnight and enjoy whenever you need a snack!