We’re calling it: This spring is all about trying new things. (And no, we’re not just referring to figuring out which outfits from college still spark joy á la Marie Kondo.) Instead, we’re putting all our energy into dreaming up picture-perfect beverages, which is exactly why we’re bringing you one that’s so pretty, you might not want to drink it. But trust us, it’s realgood so you’ll want to take a sip ASAP.
Say hello to your new favorite warm-weather drink: The Butterfly Pea Tea. Our version calls for lemon, water, honey, Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen, and butterfly pea flowers. Not only is this Butterfly Pea Tea bound to get you all the “likes” on Instagram thanks to its awe-inspiring layering effect, but it’s also healthy. How? The short ingredient list happens to include our fan-favorite Matcha Collagen, which helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints, thanks to the addition of collagen. It also delivers “an alert calm” due to amino acid L-theanine found in matcha. Talk about the ultimate power couple.
Are you ready to give Butterfly.Pea Tea a try?
Butterfly Pea Tea
- 4 medium lemons, halved
- 4 C filtered water (2 c for lemonade, 1 c for butterfly tea, 1 c for matcha)
- ½ – ⅔ C honey or maple syrup
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen, per serving
- 2 t butterfly pea flowers
- Juice the lemons into a large blender and reserve the rinds and blend well. Push the lemon mix through a fine mesh strainer to remove any pulp.
- Add the lemon rinds to a medium pot, along with the 2 cups of water and honey (choose the honey amount for mild to medium sweetness). Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir well to dissolve the honey, turn the heat off, and cover with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Strain the water out into the blender with the lemon juice and blend again until very smooth. Store in refrigerator.
- Steep the butterfly tea in hot water for 5 minutes. (Note: the longer you steep the flowers, the darker the tea will be) Discard the flowers and let tea cool.
- Add Matcha Collagen to 1 cup of hot water, stir until mixed and let cool. Grab two tall glasses and fill with ice. Pour butterfly tea ⅓ of the way in glass, pour lemonade until it reaches ⅔ of glass and top with matcha. Enjoy!