We’re calling it: This spring is all about trying new things. (And no, we’re not just referring to figuring out which outfits from college still spark joy á la Marie Kondo.) Instead, we’re putting all our energy into dreaming up picture-perfect beverages, which is exactly why we’re bringing you one that’s so pretty, you might not want to drink it. But trust us, it’s realgood so you’ll want to take a sip ASAP.
Say hello to your new favorite warm-weather drink: The Butterfly Pea Tea. Our version calls for lemon, water, honey, Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen, and butterfly pea flowers. Not only is this Butterfly Pea Tea bound to get you all the “likes” on Instagram thanks to its awe-inspiring layering effect, but it’s also healthy. How? The short ingredient list happens to include our fan-favorite Matcha Collagen, which helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints, thanks to the addition of collagen. It also delivers “an alert calm” due to amino acid L-theanine found in matcha. Talk about the ultimate power couple.
Are you ready to give Butterfly Pea Tea a try?
Butterfly Pea Tea
Yields 2 servings
- 4 medium lemons (halved)
- 4 C filtered water (2 C for lemonade, 1 C for butterfly tea, 1 C for matcha)
- ½ – ⅔ C honey or maple syrup
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen per serving
- 2 t butterfly pea flowers
- Juice the lemons into a large blender and reserve the rinds and blend well. Push the lemon mix through a fine mesh strainer to remove any pulp.
- Add the lemon rinds to a medium pot, along with the 2 cups of water and honey (choose the honey amount for mild to medium sweetness). Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir well to dissolve the honey, turn the heat off, and cover with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Strain the water out into the blender with the lemon juice and blend again until very smooth. Store in refrigerator.
- Steep the butterfly tea in hot water for 5 minutes. (Note: the longer you steep the flowers, the darker the tea will be) Discard the flowers and let tea cool.
- Add Matcha Collagen to 1 cup of hot water, stir until mixed and let cool. Grab two tall glasses and fill with ice. Pour butterfly tea ⅓ of the way in glass, pour lemonade until it reaches ⅔ of glass and top with matcha. Enjoy!