If you constantly find yourself with at least two (or more!) overripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter, then this Almond Butter Banana Bread recipe is for you!
Not only does it taste all kinds of magical, but this delicious take on a classic recipe is also decadent and rich, while also providing taste testers with a subtle sweetness that’s just right – and not at all overbearing. Plus, this Almond Butter Banana Bread is loaded with nourishing goodness! Each bite is rich in iron, magnesium, potassium, fiber, and collagen. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is versatile because it's flavorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids and foods.
In love with this recipe already? We’ve got more good news: This Almond Butter Banana Bread is made without refined sugars or flours and contains just a handful of ingredients that can likely be found in your kitchen. Simply throw all your ingredients into a food processor or blender and let it do the work for you.
Decadent enough to be savored as a late-night (or anytime) treat, this banana bread is also light and (secretly) healthy enough to be served for breakfast, with a side of Vital Coffee, of course.
Almond Butter Banana Bread
Yields 1 Almond Butter Banana Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C almond butter (plus, extra for swirling)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T maple syrup/honey or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 1/4 C cacao
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2-4 T roughly chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- 1 t maca (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Grease/line a small loaf pan with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and well combined. You could also do it by hand and mash/stir in a bowl if you prefer.
- Pour banana batter into your prepared loaf pan
- Swirl with extra almond butter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick has just a few moist crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- If you feel your banana bread is browning a little quickly, simply cover with foil.
- Slice and enjoy!
*This loaf will keep well, tightly wrapped and refrigerated for 5-7 days and can be frozen for 3-6 months.