The holiday season calls for all the festive flavors – this Banana Gingerbread loaf included!
If you’re looking for a treat that will leave you satisfied and ready to welcome the holidays, you’ve clicked on the right collagen recipe. This take on a classic banana bread recipe is packed with better-for-you ingredients, including almond flour, flax seed meal and our favorite (though we’re most certainly biased) standout add-on: Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha.
The almond flour and flax seed meal add fiber to your hearty loaf while this Paleo-friendly, dairy-free Collagen Creamer helps to incorporate healthy fats and MCTs, thanks to its organic coconut milk powder, in your diet. Plus, this healthier creamer alternative helps to up your collagen intake in a way that could only be described as tasty, heartwarming and a must-have-on-hand when contemplating what to make for breakfast during this time of year.
And because chocolate makes everything better, this Banana Gingerbread recipe boasts chocolate chips for a touch of rich decadence in every bite.
Bake it, treat yourself to a slice (or two) and serve alongside your favorite collagen latte. Enjoy!
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C monk fruit sweetener
- 1 C almond flour
- 1/2 C flax seed meal
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 C chocolate chips (add more for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs to the mixture.
- Once all wet ingredients are well integrated, add in all remaining dry ingredients besides the chocolate chips.
- Once mixed well, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a lined and greased loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, top with additional chocolate chips.
- Let it cool then serve and enjoy!