The crisp December air in the morning and the accompanying snow has me ready to jumpstart my holiday baking. This time of year always reminds me of running outside in my snowsuit as a kid, making snow angels and having competitions with my siblings to see who could roll the biggest snowball. I’m reminded of then running inside our home, where we were always warmly welcomed by the smell of freshly baked cookies.
With the holiday season rolling in, I wanted to create a dessert so good, you’d also be taken back to your favorite holiday memories. This Coconut Peppermint Cheesecake does just that while also offering great sources whole-food ingredients to leave you feeling satisfied. This cake is also made without dairy, gluten or eggs, making it a perfect dessert option for guests with sensitivities to these ingredients.
Another standout feature of this decadent cake? Its silky filling, which is layered on top of a crust that is both soft and crunchy. The dark chocolate and candy cane toppings bring a special holiday warmth to every bite.
This Coconut Peppermint Cheesecake is different; it contains zero added sugars and is full of healthy fats and nutrient-dense ingredients. It also calls for Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut, which helps to promote healthy hair, skin, nails, bones and joints.**
So, what are you waiting for? It's time to whip out your favorite baking apron to bring this Coconut Peppermint Cheesecake to life (and to your next holiday party).
Coconut Peppermint Cheesecake
Yields 6-10 servings
- ½ C pitted dates
- 1 C chopped almonds
- ¼ C coconut flakes
- 2 T almond milk
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1 t cinnamon
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Crushed candy canes
- 2 C raw cashews (soaked in hot water)
- 1½ C coconut cream (fat part)
- ¼ C coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- Begin by soaking the cashews in a bowl with boiled water. You can leave them in there while preparing the crust or leave them overnight.
- For the crust, combine all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped and smooth. Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 8-inch spring pan until you have an even layer at the bottom.
- After rinsing out the food processor, add in the filling mixture. Mix until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Add the filling on top of the crust and smooth it out evenly. Then, add your toppings and store in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer, cut into pieces and enjoy!