Looking for a recipe to add to your holiday baking list? We got you covered with these must-try Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
These cookies call for better-for-you ingredients, including almond flour, coconut oil and cocoa powder, among other additions. Of course, we would not be Vital Proteins without adding a few scoops of our fan-favorite Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Peppermint Mocha ($14.99; shop now)! Our made without dairy and gluten powdered creamer is not only a tasty addition to your morning coffee but also delivers a flavor boost in all sorts of recipes – these Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies included.
Why we love Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer®: On top of it being made without gluten and dairy (containing coconut milk powder), it also helps support healthy hair, skin, nails, bones and joints.**
Ready for the best part about this collagen recipe? These cookies are dipped in chocolate and crushed peppermint, adding some extra sweetness and festive flavor!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Yields 12 cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1½ C almond flour
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Peppermint Mocha
- 1/4 C monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 C chocolate chunks
Ingredients for toppings:
- 1/4 C chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/4 C crushed peppermint
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients (besides the chocolate chunks) into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Once all ingredients are well integrated, fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the mixture onto a lined and greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes. Then let the cookies cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, individually dip the cookies into the melted chocolate, followed by the crushed peppermint and place back on the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for one hour or overnight to harden the chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!