The weather is starting to turn colder in many parts of the world and with it comes snowfall. That means it's time for hot drinks and a cozy fire. This shift in season allows us to slow down, put on our favorite winter hoodie and warm our homes with some homemade baked goods.
These Vanilla Pecan Brownies, made with Vital Performance™ Vanilla Coconut Protein Bars ($29.99; shop now), are a wonderful treat for this snowy season. They are decadent and full of delicious flavors. The mixture of cocoa, cinnamon and chocolate chips, combined with the maple, pecan, and Vital Performance™ Protein Bar topping is a perfect wintry combination and will leave your home smelling like a fresh bakery. These brownies are dense and soft with each bite, adding a gentle crunch with the pecan and protein bar topping. The chopped protein bar softly melts into the brownies, creating a gooey, marshmallow-like texture.
Are you drooling yet? Read on to make this mouthwatering treat.
Pecan Vanilla Protein Brownies
Yields 12 brownies
- 2 C flour (1:1 gluten-free flour)
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 1 t cinnamon powder
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/8 t sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 C almond milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1 C pecans (chopped)
- 2 Vital Performance™ Vanilla Coconut Protein Bars (chopped)
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8X8 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips).
- In a separate mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients together and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula until well combined. Fold in the in the chocolate chips once the brownie batter is formed.
- Evenly distribute brownie batter into baking dish and set aside.
- To make the topping, add the chopped pecans, protein bar pieces and maple syrup into a bowl and mix together. Add the topping to the brownie mix and evenly layer it to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30–40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, poke with a toothpick to see if the batter is fully baked.
- Once baked through, let brownies cool. Then, slice and enjoy!