No need to look any further – we’ve found your perfect weekday treat! This dessert is incredibly easy to make and beyond delicious. We’re sure you’ve heard of these dessert bars before. They’re referred to as seven-layer bars, magic cookie bars, coconut magic bars, or another similar combination of names. They’re all basically the same treat, give or take an ingredient or two. Coconut Magic Bars is the name we think suits them perfectly. Why? After taking one bite, you’ll be convinced these Coconut Magic Bars really are magic.
This treat is packed with all the dessert essentials. They’re layered with coconut, chocolate, dried fruit and chopped nuts. We also added in our Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut, which blends just perfectly with the other ingredients. These bars are perfectly chewy with just the right amount of crunch. And let us warn you in advance, you’ll quickly want to reach for seconds.
Coconut Magic Bars
Yields 12 Coconut Magic Bars
- 3/4 C almond flour
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg (1 T flax meal + 2.5 T water)
- 3/4 C dark chocolate (chopped up or chips)
- 1/3 C dates (finely chopped)
- 3/4 C nuts of choice (we used macadamia)
- 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 C evaporated coconut milk or full-fat coconut milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, Coconut Collagen Creamer, sea salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and egg. If using flax egg, combine water and flax meal in separate bowl and let sit for 5 minutes before adding. Mix until dough forms.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Press the dough evenly into the lined pan using a spatula. Poke a few holes in the dough using a fork. This prevents the dough from rising unevenly.
- Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Top the baked crust with the chocolate chips and dates, then nuts, and finally the shredded coconut.
- Lastly, add the evaporated coconut milk evenly over the top. Bake for another 30 minutes. Wait until cooled completely before cutting.