Ready for a little bite of energy? We’ve got you covered with these itty-bitty treats filled with nutrient-rich matcha! These Matcha Truffles are sweet and delicious. All you need are seven ingredients, one bowl, and two hands. Sounds easy? That’s not even the best part! Did we mention this recipe requires zero baking time and the Matcha Truffles are even dipped in chocolate? Simply freeze them overnight and your treats will be ready in no time.
Each bite is filled with healthy fats from the coconut flakes and coconut oil, as well as energy from Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen. Matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid that delivers “an alert calm” in users instead of a jolt and crash that’s common with some morning beverages.
What makes our Matcha Collagen great is the addition of collagen, which helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints. It’s also a great source of antioxidants and is free of dairy, gluten, and added sweeteners.
Since these Matcha Truffles are dipped in chocolate, they make the perfect shareable dessert! Ready to get rolling?
Yields 15 Matcha Truffles
- 1 C coconut flakes
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen
- 3 T melted coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T honey
- ¼ t salt
- ⅓ C chocolate chips
- Mix all dry ingredients (besides your toppings) together in mixing bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Mix the batter thoroughly.
- Roll batter into teaspoon-sized balls and place in a container lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate of choice, stirring until smooth.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
- Freeze overnight (or as long as you can wait).
- Enjoy every bite!