Let’s be real: Sometimes all you need is a little bite of something sweet in the afternoon (who's with me?!). If you’re on the same page as us, you’re going to love this collagen recipe for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up! (Bonus: This Matcha Chocolate Bark is also an easy recipe to make and store in the fridge as a grab-and-go snack.)
The recipe includes layers of chocolate and white chocolate, as well as a scoop of Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen. It pairs well with coconut oil and raw pistachios, good-for-you ingredients that are given a boost thanks to the 10g of collagen and 20mg of L-theanine in every serving of our Matcha Collagen.
Are you ready to break off a piece of this treat? Well, let’s get cracking!
Chocolate Matcha Bark Bites
Yields 4 servings
- 1 C dark chocolate chips
- ½ C white chocolate chips
- 2 t liquid coconut oil
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 1/4 C raw pistachios
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and measure out each of the ingredients.
2. Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute, stopping to stir every 20 seconds. Should you choose to melt over the stove, keep the temperature on low heat, continuously stirring until smooth. Once melted, spread the chocolate over the parchment paper.
3. Place the baking sheet into the freezer or refrigerator for a minimum of 5 minutes. While the dark chocolate is cooling, begin to melt the white chocolate chips in the same manner. Once the white chocolate is melted, stir in the liquid coconut oil and matcha until smooth.
4. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer or refrigerator and spread or drizzle the white chocolate mix over the dark chocolate. Feel free to get creative here! While the white chocolate mixture remains in its liquid form, add the pistachios for topping.