Over the last few years, cauliflower has become a popular vegetable in the nutrition and recipe-developing world. From cauliflower pizza crust to cauliflower rice, you can find cauliflower on almost every restaurant menu around. And there's reason for it! Cauliflower is a great alternative for lower carbs and vegan meals, and it tastes great! One of my favorite ways to prep it is to chop it into small florets and coat it in a sauce (like these cauliflower buffalo bites).
In this recipe specifically, the turmeric coconut sauce creates a rich flavor profile that, once cooked, turns into a velvety sauce that is delicious drizzled on anything. The cauliflower cooks perfectly in the sauce, making it soft and easy to eat. Better yet, turmeric has many wonderful health benefits, while Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides helps support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.** Overall, it's a yummy way to add extra health benefits into your daily routine.
In sum, these Coconut Curry Cauliflower Bites are ones that you will want to save to your recipe folder. They are a popular dish in my household and I hope they are in yours, too. (Tip from the chef: Make sure to save any of the leftover sauce to pour over rice, chicken, pasta or anything that you find may need some extra flavor.) Enjoy!
Coconut Turmeric Cauliflower Bites
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower (florets)
- 2 C coconut milk
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 2 T turmeric powder
- 1 t Himalayan sea salt
- 1 t black pepper
- ¼ t sesame seeds
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C green onion
- In a saucepan combine coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric, salt, pepper and Collagen Peptides. Whisk ingredients together and bring the sauce to a boil.
- While the sauce is cooking, chop the cauliflower into small florets.
- Add the florets to the saucepan and mix together until coated. Reduce heat and allow the cauliflower to cook for 10-15 minutes. Add a lid to help steam the cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, pour it into a dish and top with green onion and black sesame seeds. Drizzle the additional sauce over the top and enjoy!