As summer rolls around, crisp salads are a great staple for a refreshing lunch on a nice day. If you’re not a fan of salads because they might be boring or bland, then this recipe will change your mind!
The base for this salad is fresh, ripe blackberries (you could also use a variety of berries) as well as a homemade blackberry balsamic vinaigrette. Better yet, the vinaigrette has the bonus of being made with collagen!
On top of that, the tart notes in the vinaigrette pair perfectly with crispy coconut fried chicken. And if you’re able to get your herbs fresh from the garden or at the grocery store, you’ll take it to a whole other level on top of where it’s already at. Take a bite and you'll see what we're talking about!
Scroll on to get started.
Blackberry Chicken Salad Recipe
Yields 3-4 Servings
- 1/2 C blackberries
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T honey
- 2 t mustard
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- Coconut oil
- 6 C lettuce
- 1 C blackberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 C red onion, sliced
- 1 C walnuts (roasted in olive oil)
- ¼ C chives
- ½ C cherry tomatoes
- Handful fresh chopped basil and cilantro
1. Using a hand mixer, combine all ingredients and blend. Then, mash the blackberries first and thoroughly combine all the ingredients to make sure the oils are mixed together.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium to high heat and add a large scoop of coconut oil to coat the skillet. This will be used to fry the chicken, so be generous!
- Once the oil is melted and hot, add the chicken to the skillet and continue to cook on high heat. Fry each side for about 7-8 minutes or until crispy. If the middle is not cooked, continue heating while covering with a lid for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cut into strips.
1. You can use raw walnuts, but if you’d like to roast them, coat a cup of walnuts in a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt, and roast in a toaster oven (or regular oven) for 4-5 minutes on 400°F. (Be careful, because they will burn quickly!)
2. Chop the rest of the ingredients to prepare the salad and assemble. Pour on the dressing, and serve!
Shop Collagen Peptides