One of my favorite vegetables is by far the sweet potato. Not only because they are extremely nutrient-dense, packed with vitamins, antioxidants and tons of fiber, but they are delicious too! With all that said, it's hard not to want to fit more of this veg into your daily food intake — starting with this recipe!
My motivation began with wanting to play around with some new flavor notes I thought would pair nicely alongside with Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. By incorporating sweet ingredients such as Tamari sauce and maple syrup, mixed with the saltiness of the bone broth, I was left with a unique and bold Thai-inspired small dish that was worth sharing! It's perfect for an easy summer snack with a twist, or a quick appetizer if you’re expecting some last-minute company.
While all of this is detailed below, here are a few tips before getting started: Add a juice of a lime to cut the sweetness and top the dish with cilantro for extra flavoring. Now that you know, it's time to get started on this easy recipe!
Thai Sweet Potato Bites Collagen Recipe
Yields 3-4 Servings
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled, cubed)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (alternative: almond butter, peanut butter)
- 2 T avocado oil
- 2 T tamari sauce
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 1 T sesame seeds (white or black)
1 T cilantro (minced)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together sunflower seed butter, avocado oil, Tamari sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, minced garlic and chicken bone broth. Whisk together until well-combined.
- Pour the sauce onto the sweet potatoes and mix together until the sweet potatoes are coated.
- Add the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven, top with sesame seeds, cilantro a lime wedge and enjoy!